Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fe#4 sports


My favorite sport is basketball. When I was in my home country, I played basketball every weekend. It is very exciting to shoot a goal especially when we are in the match. I can experience the achievement I get from each goal I shoot. We are playing the game and enjoying the happiness in it.

But people here play basketball more regularly than in my country, since the USA has the best basketball organization. The match has more conflict because a lot of guys here are very tall and can easily touch the backboard. In my country, very few people can do that. Players here put a lot of attention on strength training; they don’t need to do a lot of movement, instead of that, they use their body to defend. Also they can use their body to do some difficult stuff. Players in my country like to do some complicated movements that can trick the other player efficiently. They do not draw too much attention to body training. Another difference is that players here just focus on some skills in the game. For example, when I was playing basketball with some guys in the gym, I found that some just move around and tried to find a chance to shoot, some one can run very fast but can do very few difficult movements and some can only shoot the goal when they are under the backboard. Now, I understand that it is because the way they used to train themselves. If you find you can run very fast, you will train yourself to run faster; if you are good at shooting, then what you need to do is to make all your shots make sense. That is the most different thing I find here. In my home country, the coach trains the athlete aiming to make them be average in each area. So, a lot of “C” in my country can shoot 3 points. But they are not better than the pure shooters here. That is a new way to play basketball!

No comments: